MIKKELLER BAR, Tenderloin (34 Mason St. between Turk and Market, 415-984-0279)
In the heart of the Tenderloin and a couple short blocks from Union Square, Mikkeller Bar has soft-opened, a boon for beer aficionados and fans of the beloved Copenhagen brewery. But this bar and restaurant is not a replica of Mikkeller Bar in Copenhagen. Opened by Chuck Stilphen, founder of The Trappist and Trappist Provisions in Oakland, he partnered with friend and Danish brewer Mikkel Borg Bjergsø to open this SF bar featuring 42 taps of American and international beers, two cask handles, an extensive bottle selection, and numerous special house beers, including the Mikkeller Tenderloin Series.
The weekend of August 9-11th marks the bar’s grand opening and is packed with events and tastings to please the masses, including a rare, 7-course dinner on August 11th for Mikkeller beer and Scandinavian food fans alike with Danish Chef Jakob Mielcke.
The 1907 space houses a “sour room” cellar featuring Lambic and sour beers, and available for private parties and tastings. “Danish industrial” describes the brick-walled, clean lines of the large space designed by local Martin Heid Design/Build (Range, Adesso, Commonwealth), graced with artwork from the artist who designs Mikkeller’s beer labels, Keith Shore.
fundacionvision.org.pa viagra shop uk But among them Kamagra is most known names. Your school why not try these out cheap viagra prices can get very small at times and it is completely understandable that you’d like to meet some different people; perhaps a girl or guy you know would share your interests. How to get rid of weak erection is by regularly consuming the herbal pills such as Musli Kaunch Shakti pop over to these guys buy cialis online capsules. It is so much well known that the persons having the problem of taking oral pills, they are advised cialis india generic to go for walking daily.
Gather in the main dining room around communal tables or the 30-seat bar and order a beer with Chef Michael O Briens (from Church Key in Washington DC) house sausages, charcuterie and gourmet-hearty menu. While you’re savoring steak frites, here are a few beer possibilities from an ever-changing tap selection.
1. Mikkeller’s collaboration with Firestone Walker: Lil’ Mikkel is a wild sour ale perfectly balanced with just enough sour
2. Mikkeller Texas Ranger is a meaty chipotle porter with a touch of spice – my new favorite
3. Mikkeller Tenderloin Pilsner is a beauty of a house Pilsner and a tribute to the ‘Loin, while the Mikkeller American Dream Pils drinks a lot like an IPA with subtle hops
4. Mikkeller’s It’s Alive Chardonnay is something different: a wild sour ale with subtle hints of mango and finely-tuned sour notes
5. Non-Mikkeller winners on draft at the bar’s soft opening: smoky Iceland beer Olvisholt Lava, Oklahoma’s Prairie Ales Prairie Standard, De La Senne’s funky, crisp Taras Boulba Belgian Pale