Elizabeth Falkner is easily one of the widely acknowledged pastry greats in the US and chef of two SF restaurants, including Citizen Cake, which is moving to Fillmore Street, hopefully open by the beginning of July. Bubbly lover Falkner has created something sweet at Bubble Lounge, eager to take on creating desserts meant to pair with champagne/sparkling wine. She trained Bubble Lounge’s crew on preparing the menu which launched on 6/16.
At a sneak preview tasting of the entire menu with Falkner, I was impressed by the range of tastes covered in these five unique desserts, as well as their approachability. It gets even better when paired with Bubble Lounge Wine Director, Sabawun Kakar‘s fine champagne pairings (more on Kakar and Bubble Lounge in my 5/15 issue).
Falkner says, “I love the balance of acid, sweetness and richness these desserts offer and it makes pairing with champagne really fun. I want to wake up the palate with refreshing flavors, no overkill anywhere.” Her creative whimsy shows in the Spring menu:
- Lemon Drop
- Ingredients: lemon curd, yogurt, blueberry sauce, maple crunch, champagne granita – bright, tart dessert in a glass
- Pairing: Fleury Carte Rouge – organic, biodynamic champagne, light, lovely, dry, but the only one that didn’t work for me with the dessert
This kind of viagra cheapest online is permitted all over the world. Once the penis viagra 20mg gateways near the amount of system in the erectile tissue of your penis releases nitric oxide (NO). Shilajit gold is a powerful combination available in the form of pills, which can be a real hassle not to mention their related side effects. All of this could take some time so keep this in mind that one medicine should side effects levitra be taken in one day.
- Upside Down Cheesecake: A little sweet in the big city
- Ingredients: creamy cheesecake-like dessert topped with buttery graham crust and amarena cherries – almost savory, strong, silky cheese; the most unique item on the menu and one of my favorites
Pairing: Gaston Chiquet Blanc de Blancs – lovely small producer; clean, with notes of herbal tea, tangy apple
- Olive Oil Madeleines
- Ingredients: madeleine baked in brown butter and grassy olive oil, with olive oil ice cream, a Spring-fresh strawberry and fennel salad in rose vinaigrette; probably my favorite all around dessert for unique combination of savory/sweet salad with baked madeleine
- Pairing: Pol Roger Brut – a gorgeous, flowery/toasty nose, dry with fruit and cream, bringing out the earthiness in the fennel; possibly my favorite pairing of the menu
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Ingredients: pizzelle wave cookies, layered with three sorbets/ice creams: chocolate (with a brilliant whiff of tobacco), passion fruit, pistachio
- Pairing: Jean Milan Blanc de Blancs – acidic, fruity, with light balance of toast
- Dark Chocolate Pain Perdu
- Ingredients: dark chocolate “French toast” in delicate orange-caramel sauce with genius pink peppercorn chantilly
- Pairing: Bruno Paillard Brut – family run, small production; fresh fruit and spice